High in calcium, magnesium, iron, protein and trace minerals, an ideal snack for a hungry busy Pitta and almost a mini meal for the Vata . Kapha should choose popcorn as an ideal snack (with chilli and lemon as a dressing rather than butter), however these Energy Balls are better than reaching for a cookie or cake.
- In a mixing bowl , place 1 cup of tahini and/ or almond butter.
- Add 1 cup of a combination of almonds, sunflower, pumpkin and flax seeds which have been ground to a powder in a blender attachment or coffee grinder,
- Add ½ cup cold pressed coconut oil
- Add honey (V/K) or agave or dark sugar (P) to taste.
- Add appropriate spices for your dosha such as cinnamon (V/K), cardamom (V/K) and ginger (V/K)
- Optionally add 1/3 cup finely chopped dates, raisons, almonds or walnuts ; super foods such as moringa, spirulina, maca, ashwagandha, mucuna or shatavarie
- Mix well till you have a even blend with a sticky consistency. If too dry, add more oil. If too wet add more ground flax seeds
- Roll into small balls approx 3-4 cm diameter and then roll the balls on a plate of oats or shredded coconut to seal the stickiness in.
- Place in a sealed container in the fridge and eat as a healthy nutritionally rich , high protein snack. Can be eaten with a sub acidic fruit such as a sweet apple, pear or banana (P/V))
RAW NUT PATE
A quick and easy dish to ground a salad or as a rich yet digestible spread on crackers or served with steamed vegetables. High in protein and live enzymes for easy absorption and deep nourishment.
1) Soak 1 cup of dosha appropriate variety of nuts and seeds over-night & rinse well. My favorite is a combination of walnut, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds.
2) Blend together (in a food processor or grinder attachment to the blender) to a smooth yet crunchy texture
3) Mix in the following ingredients : 1 tsp raw fresh miso paste, 5 chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, 2 tsp Bragg’s amino acids,1-3 tsp oil, a dash of raw apple cider vinegar or lemon, and herbs such as basil (V/K), dill (P), tarragon (V/K), chilli (K) etc appropriate to your dosha
Serve with salad, crackers, crudities, quinoa, veggies, sweet potatoes etc appropriate to your dosha
SPROUTED G RAIN CEREAL SNACK
Excellent as a mini meal for Vata to ground and soothe , and for Pitta to calm the strong appetite.
1 )Prepare a jar of ready-to-go- cereal by grinding non gmo organic sprouted brown rice into a course powder – either in a coffee grinder or blender attatchment
2) Place 2 desert spoons in a cup or small bowl and add 1 cup boiling water
3) Stir and let sit for 5 minutes
4) Add touch of salt , teaspoon of ground seseame and flax seeds each and honey to taste
RAW MISO SOUP
A great light meal for those occasional late night situations or as a clean simple meal after a busy day
- In an eating bowl, stir a small desert spoon of raw miso paste with a little cold water to make a thick ‘sauce’. Add wasabi to taste
- Cut6 or so fresh (or pre-soaked dried) shitake mushrooms into small pieces & add to bowl
- Add boiled water to fill the bowl 2/3 – ¾ full
- Finely grate ½ – 2/3 cup total of carrots, daikon or peeled broccoli stem. And grate a thumb size piece of fresh ginger & add to bowl
- Sprinkle in some wakkame seaweed pieces , pepper and toasted sesame seeds if handy
- Enjoy your instant nutritious meal